Monday, April 18, 2011

Worship in Church


Worship is something that should be unique to each person. Since it is a way to directly talk to God, there should not be any generic way to or not to worship. For some, worship is organs and pianos, singing out of hymnals and keeping it old fashion. To others worship is dancing and jumping around in aisles speaking words that nobody can understand. And for me personally, I like my worship with loud electric guitars and smashing drums accompanied by heavy vocals. Am I here to say that any one of these is a wrong way to worship? No. Worship is an outward expression of how we feel about our Savior, and saying there is a wrong way to worship is being selfish. In my own opionion, the only wrong way to worship is to worship without actually meaning it. That’s basically just lying, and I believe that there is no place for that kind of stuff in worship. I hear a lot of stories about churchs banning certain types of instruments in church and saying they of “of the devil” and personally I think that is a bunch of garbage. Those are just a bunch of old people sticking to traditions started God knows how long ago. But anyways, that was just a little side note. They can worship like that if they want to, but I will not be attending that church ever. Worship is all about a feeling to me and if I am falling asleep during worship, I’m obviously not feeling too much. There needs to be energy behind worship, something to motivate you. I’m pretty happy with most contemporary church types. I attend a mainly young adult church and am very happy with it. I can relate with a lot of the members and typically everyone is in the same interests. Summing up, personally I’m happy with most contemporary church styles, music-wise and execution-wise. But everybody is free to worship how they please and I won’t be saying anything against them, because I’ll be worshipping how I please.

-Matt Faillace

word count-344

No comments:

Post a Comment